Monday, June 14, 2010

Planning a wedding?

by Joy Spencer

Do your wedding celebration plans include serving alcohol to your guests? This short blog should help you determine if you need a liquor license for your Big Day.

You do not need a liquor license if you will be serving alcohol, but are not accepting payment or donations* for it. *Donations for the bride and groom (money tree, cash gifts, money dance) are okay of course!

You will need a liquor license if you will be serving alcohol to your guests who will pay or donate money for their drinks. Click here for information on licensing your event. Special events are licensed through your local OLCC field office.

If you are using a caterer, make sure that they have a liquor license if your guests will be paying for their alcoholic beverages.

A note about Liquor Liability Insurance - This is not required by the OLCC for events that do not need a liquor license. However, if your wedding or reception site requires Liquor Liability Insurance - and many do -- contact your personal insurance agent. There are also many companies that offer stand-alone policies. A quick internet search can provide you with options.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work
    invitaciones de boda